Saturday, June 6, 2009

2nd float 1/2 laminated

There has been a bit of a cold snap here in NZ this week so I haven't really done alot of work on the boat. A Cold snap here is 6 or 9 Deg C so nothing like the northern hemisphere but still makes it to hard to work the resins through the cloth etc. However yesterday it did get warm enough and I glassed the 2nd 1/2 which had been waiting since last weekend.



This time I didn't use the plastic over peel ply and opted to use just the peel ply. The result was really good this time with no air bubbles at all so I was really pleased with the result. Below is a close up of the sort of result I got which is looking simalar to the vacuum bagging so I think I have got a fairly good resin to cloth ratio here.











As I didn't have to do any repairs or patches this time I also managed to glue in the transom and center bulkheads so in all not to bad progress considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment