Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st float 1/2 planked

Had a bit of a delay over the last few weeks while I was waiting for the foam and fibreglass to arrive from the suppliers. Amazing how retailers are very quick at taking your money but not always on the ball when it comes to delivering the goods. However now that I have got the foam it only took a couple of days get it onto the frames and glued together.

ready for laminating the fibreglass



I decide to glue the foam with epoxy glue rather than a polyurathene construction type of adhesive. I did a trial with some polyurathene glue but I had some concerns with the stength of the glue. After I had left it to set for a few days I could still pull apart the foam pieces I had glued together along the glue line. I also had some concerns if the glue was water proof or not. It said on the label that it was weather proof but I wasn't sure if that meant water proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment