Saturday, July 18, 2009

1st Float joined

Its been a high visual progress week which always make me feel good. Managed to get the layers of required glass on the bow stringer and the chain plate pad So the 3rd float half was allready to join.

But before all that excitment I got the G10 fibreglass tube glued on to the foam to start making the chain plate. The photos below show the mold setupand the result. The tube ended upnot being exactly square but perfection is very hard to achieve so it will be good enough. I can;t seeing it make alot of diference in the end except that one of the mast stays will be 1 or 2 mm longer than the other one.

Then this weekend moved the 2nd half into position and joined it up. Sounds so simple but feels like a bit of a milestone has been reached even though there is still a long way to go! It must have been a big moment as even my wife came out and gave me a hand, which is quite good as she can actually get into the bow bulkhead. I'm still not entirely sure how I am going to tape up the bow yet!



















1 comment:

  1. Work & cold weather are real progress halting problems. I have the same problem over here in Melbourne at the moment. It is really nice to bits coming together & gives you the impetus to keep plodding on.
    Keep up the good work
    Cheers
    Rod
    "Chillax"

    ReplyDelete