Monday, August 10, 2009

Bulkhead flanges

Managed to get the bulkhead flanges done on the 1st float this week. This was a job I had not been looking foward to. I was a bit concerned with how I was going to get the six layers of glass around all the corners and still keep it reasonably tidy. As it turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been. I was surprised how well the glass conformed to the required shapes once it was wetted out and only required a bit of gentle persuasion to get it all in.



Just a little bit of tidy up required and that will be another one ticked off the list, only a few thousand more to go!!



Also managed to get the last float 1/2 laminated this weekend which when I removed the peel ply tonight has turned out to the best result so far. No bubbles or lumpy bits at all. I geuss I must be learning something after all!
The last 1/2 waiting to be joined









No comments:

Post a Comment